Best Styling Tip
It is equally important, if not more, for those who have limited time & energy to invest but still don’t want to miss out on any opportunity to look great.
This tool is a real style hack for all
Layering is basically wearing clothes on top of each other to create interesting & coordinated looks.
It is great for the following reasons:
1. It is a mix & match concept which offers lot of permutations and combinations. This increases the dressing option with limited garments.
2. Same piece can be used as a highlighter or be kept in the background in different times depending upon the combination you choose.
3. A thoughtful layering strategy (mixing and remixing) can easily give you both, formal or casual look with a few articles.
4. It is extremely useful during travels & keeps your luggage light.
5. It helps in cool climates since it traps the body heat between various layers of clothing.
It is easy to understand but there are ground rules which one must follow
1. Color Coordination: One has to have a basic understanding of colors, their interplay, color families etc. For instance, Orange may go very well with Navy Blue but may look odd with Grey.
2. Dimensions (width, hemlines etc.) of each piece. As an example, the outermost piece has to be big enough to accommodate all the layers without making you look as if you are wearing an over-sized outer. Similarly the inner pieces shouldn’t be bigger than the outer one to make you look overstuffed.
3. Each layer has a contribution to make and one needs to understand that very clearly. For instance, a half sleeve or without sleeve tank is to define the neckline. A jumper or a jacket is to give your frame a definition. I can really turn into a fashion faux pas if you were a tank over a jumper or a full sleeve shirt/T-shirt.
It is no rocket science and still it adds a BIG turbo-charge to your wardrobe.
Try it. Thank us later.