- Credit: https://www.manhattanbride.com/
As they say, in India, it is not just the girl and the boy who marry, but their entire families do so.
With so many cultures and traditions, wholesale inspirations coming from Bollywood movies, and people opening to the idea of marrying into societies and communities different than theirs, Indian weddings have become more elaborate, more inclusive, and much more fun than in the past.
The wedding itinerary has many sub-events that precede or succeed the main event. Though there is a laundry list of such ceremonies varying from one culture to another, a few that prominently figure in most are Engagement, Mehandi, Tilak, Sangeet, and Reception. We see many people have added a few more events like prewedding shoots, cocktail dinners, and pool parties to add a bit of urban, western touch to the whole affair.
For starters, most men hate shopping for clothes. But this is one occasion when they cannot afford not to shop. After all, their clothes would become part of their memories through photographs and event videos. In most cases, brides finalize their dresses first. It makes it even more difficult for the groom to look for clothes that match or coordinate with the bride's dresses. So, shopping for clothes becomes an all-important chore for the groom's family. To find the best-coordinated pieces, they go from shop to shop and market to market. Since off-the-shelves stores only sell what they have, the quest for just the right clothes continues until the family is tired. Then they end up buying the best-compromised options. Not a great situation, but that has been happening until now.
We, at TailorWear, take this problem very seriously and offer a very comprehensive solution to our grooms, actually not only grooms but all the men in their respective families and their friends.
How it works is as explained below:
- We meet the groom (and his family if they stay together). The objective of this meeting is to understand their taste, get the references from the bride's side and of course, take the measurements.
- We come up with the design options for the grooms and further brainstorm to finalize all the looks. We then drill down each ensemble to different pieces, .i.e, sangeet- kurta for groom and/or for father, brother, etc., or cocktail- tuxedo for groom, or sherwani for groom and clothes for his best men, so on and so forth. Since we have been in the industry for a long time and have worked for the best designers as job workers, we carry a lot of expertise in designing whatever a groom wants for his big day. We have access to some of the best fabric mills from around the world. We call this - "From Biella to Benaras." It means whether one wants the finest Italian material for a classy suit or a tuxedo (click here to see our fabric range), we have that with us. For Sherwani, we have suppliers from all India, places like Surat to Benaras, Chanderi, Bhagalpur, or Kanjvaram.
- We meet for the fittings of all the pieces with different silhouettes.
- We meet again either for the final fitting (if needed) or start the deliveries of the clothes as they get ready.
What does this mean for the groom and his family?
Our grooms outsource the hassles of organizing the coordinated clothes to us.
We design their clothes grounds up basis the exact requirement and taste instead of selling what we already have with us. It is a tremendous value for any groom.
We also help other men in the family, i.e., brothers, fathers, and friends, with their clothes. It brings out the best coordination for everyone and looks great in the pictures.
They don't have to step out of their homes for anything.
Since we meet at their residence, they can try out their TailorWear clothes with shoes/jootis or other accessories that they would have bought for the ceremony.
Commitment to time is a very important principle for us. We have refused business if we were full with orders and felt that we won't be able to deliver on time. It means that when our clients place their orders to us, we do all the calendar follow-up and ensure that the pieces are ready on time. It means that the family can focus on all the other activities and planning that a wedding requires.
If you think there is any better solution or something we should do more, to help our grooms outsource their wedding wardrobe and focus on the festivities, we will be waiting for your suggestions. Our mission is to help our customers put their best foot forward. And, which is the most important day for them to look their best than their own wedding!